Research Fellow at The Japan Institute of Internatinal Affairs.
- Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC)
- Development Economics, International Economic Issues in Asia and the Pacific, International Labor Migration
- M.A. in Public Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2012
- Post Graduate Diploma in Development Studies,
Institute of Developing Economy Advanced School (IDEAS), Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), Japan, 2010
- B.A. in Economics, Soka University, Japan, 2007
- Research Fellow, GRIPS Alliance, National Graduate Institute of Policy Studies (Tokyo, Japan), 2015-Present
- Visiting Associate Professor, Comparative Studies of Politics and Administration in Asia, Faculty of Law, Kyushu University (Fukuoka, Japan), 2014-2015
- Research Fellow, The Japan Institute of International Affairs (Tokyo, Japan), 2014-Present
- Research Associate, Asian Development Bank Institute (Tokyo, Japan), 2012-2014
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company Tokyo Branch (Tokyo, Japan), 2007-2009
Journal Article (refereed)
- T. Kikuchi, K. Yanagida and H. Vo (2018). The Effects of Mega-Regional Trade Agreements on Vietnam. Journal of Asian Economics, In Press.
- G. Capanelli and K. Yanagida (2013). "Prospects for Southeast Asia's Long Term Economic Development: What Roles for Central Banks?" Session 5 in Finding Asia's New Sustainable Growth Model Post GFC: The Role of the Central Banks (Proceedings of high-level conference), pp127-178. Kuala Lumpur: The SEACEN Centre.
Short Blog Article
- K. Yanagida. 2014. “Looking for a plus-one, Japan turns to Vietnam” in East Asia Forum
- K. Yanagida and B.L. Ngiang. 2013. "What's holding back Japanese SMEs from regional opportunities?" in East Asia Forum
- CAG Conference on Trade, Industrialization and Structural Reforms in ASEAN, Ho Chi Minh City. (January 9-10, 2017)
- Poster presentation at 12th Annual Research Postgraduate Conference, The University of Hong Kong, on “Coping with an Ageing Population in Japan: Toward a Policy Framework For Attracting High Quality Nurses and Caregivers From Southeast Asia under Economic Partnership Agreement”, Hong Kong. (June 2, 2012)