Research Fellow at The Japan Institute of Internatinal Affairs.
- Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC)
- Development Economics, International Economic Issues in Asia and the Pacific, International Labor Migration
- M.A. in Public Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2012
- Post Graduate Diploma in Development Studies,
Institute of Developing Economy Advanced School (IDEAS), Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), Japan, 2010
- B.A. in Economics, Soka University, Japan, 2007
- Research Fellow, GRIPS Alliance, National Graduate Institute of Policy Studies (Tokyo, Japan), 2015-2019
- Visiting Associate Professor, Comparative Studies of Politics and Administration in Asia, Faculty of Law, Kyushu University (Fukuoka, Japan), 2014-2015
- Research Fellow, The Japan Institute of International Affairs (Tokyo, Japan), 2014-Present
- Research Associate, Asian Development Bank Institute (Tokyo, Japan), 2012-2014
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company Tokyo Branch (Tokyo, Japan), 2007-2009
Journal Article (refereed)
- T. Kikuchi, K. Yanagida and H. Vo (2018). ”The Effects of Mega-Regional Trade Agreements on Vietnam.” Journal of Asian Economics Volume 55: pp. 4-19 (April 2018).
- K.Yanagida (2020). "Japan`s Connectivity Initiatives in the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: An Economic Assessment" in Responding to the Geopolitics of Connectivity: Asian and European Perspectives, edited by Christian Echle et al., 43-58. Singapore: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, Singapore.
- T. Kikuchi and K. Yanagida (2020). "RCEP and Indo-Pacific Economic Integration." in Asia Between Multipolarism and Multipolarity, edited by S.R. Chinoy and J.P. Panda, 150-173. New Delhi: Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses.
Short Blog Article
- K. Yanagida. 2020. "Strengthening US-Japan-Southeast Asia Cooperation on Connectivity in the Indo-Pacific" in Asia Pacific Bulletin No. 538
- K. Yanagida. 2014. “Looking for a plus-one, Japan turns to Vietnam” in East Asia Forum
- K. Yanagida and B.L. Ngiang. 2013. "What's holding back Japanese SMEs from regional opportunities?" in East Asia Forum
- CAG Conference on Trade, Industrialization and Structural Reforms in ASEAN, Ho Chi Minh City. (January 9-10, 2017)
- Poster presentation at 12th Annual Research Postgraduate Conference, The University of Hong Kong, on “Coping with an Ageing Population in Japan: Toward a Policy Framework For Attracting High Quality Nurses and Caregivers From Southeast Asia under Economic Partnership Agreement”, Hong Kong. (June 2, 2012)